Thursday, April 3, 2008

NEIL ARMSTRONG IS IN THE BUILDING


I have been a huge stalker - ugh, I mean fan - of DJ Neil Armstrong for a good 5 years or so.  He is one of the original members of the 5th Platoon, a collective of DJ's from NYC to the Bay Area. Nonstop, Bittersweet, Sweeet, Original, 2orginal -- are just a few of his creative mix cds that have sent me to another level.  I have been honored to meet him at Undrcrwn's photoshoots and parties.  Besides being one of the most nicest, bling-free, soft-spoken guys I have ever met, he is just mad talented.  And now, Jay-z, the Hova of all Hovas, has recognized such talent.  Neil has been asked to be Jay-z's DJ for The Heart of the City Tour.  He is currently rocking the stage with Jay-z and Mary J.  Congrats to Neil!!!  I guess the nice guys do win in the end.